February 13, 2008
Work From Home As A Part Time Expert Reader
This opportunity is for residents of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin who like to read. This is a part time job that involves screening online condolence messages in accordance with established guidelines. Positions start at $10/hour.
Legacy.com hosts online obituaries for newspapers. Each obituary includes an online Guest Book where friends and family can submit messages to express their condolences or share memories. The primary task of this position is to read these messages before they are posted online to ensure that inappropriate or offensive material does not appear in our Guest Books.
The ideal candidate has strong reading and decision-making skills, is self-motivated, fluent with email and the Internet, and has a 4-year degree or equivalent.
To view the Guest Books, visit the web site
(20 hours/week; 5 four-hour shifts):
* *5 a.m. - 9 a.m.*: Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday
* 7 a.m.- 11 a.m.: Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday
* 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.: Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday
* 2 p.m.- 6 p.m.: Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday � Saturday
* 6 p.m. - 10 p.m.: Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday � Saturday
*Pay for the "early bird" shift starts at $11/hour.
Must be a resident of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin
(You must meet all telecommuting requirements to apply):
* Must be able to travel to Evanston, Ill., at own expense for an in-person interview.
* Must have a PC running Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP and high-speed Internet access (cable, DSL) in the home. Our remote access software is not compatible with Macintosh or Microsoft Vista machines at this time.
* Must not have any conflicting responsibilities during shifts such as being the primary caregiver for a young child or elderly person.
In your cover letter, indicate your shift preference and explain why you want to work part-time. (Through experience, we have found that this position is too demanding in terms of the nature of the work and the time it takes for many people to hold in addition to a full-time job.)