September 23, 2007

Working at Home..... Thoughts and Thanks

I wrote an article about Thanksgiving Table Settings today. As I was writing, I started thinking about things I am greatful for this year. Of course many things jump right out like my children, my husband, and my family. As I thought more about being thankful, I realized that I am very thankful to be on my working from home journey. It may sound somewhat weird to some, but I feel so empowered by making even a few dollars from one of my wahm ventures. I chose to be a stay at home mom with my daughter, 10 years ago, and then continued with my son 3 years ago. Now with our third child who is 10 months old, I did have thoughts of returning to the outside world of work ( but what work was another question!), but soon realized it would be next to impossible to pay for daycare, preschool, etc. with an income that I would earn. Simply put...it didn't seem like we could afford for me to work. Crazy. But yet part of me was, and is, very happy that I was going to still be a stay at home mom. That is really where my heart is....I just mused about getting dressed up every morning and putting on makeup, and having conversations with other adults.
But I still knew in my heart I really did want to be home. But what I didn't realize was that I was feeling increasingly dependent on my husband for everything. And I didn't recognize the increasing feelings growing inside me of nervousness and helplessness at being dependent on someone else. Before the kids, I always worked and loved the feeling of independence. I really liked knowing I could take care of myself and my bills. It has been a long time since I have been able to feel that way, or pay my own bills, lol. I realized today that I am feeling empowered again! I know now that I can make money, even if it is not alot of money..yet...I know I can. For the first time in a long time I am feeling safer in the sense I have the ability to make money for my family. And it feels wonderful!

I am more motivated and excited to grow my work from home income and my self-esteem at the same time.

Working from Home. Earning an Income from Home. And Being Home With My Kids Everyday.

I am very thankful and blessed, indeed.

Blog Archive