November 26, 2007

Yoga


I am stressed. Just back from a nice mini-Thanksgiving vacation, and already I am stressed. We drove up our street last night and the first thing we saw were Christmas lights and decorations on almost every house! So of course my kids wanted to start doing our lights and stuff right then. After 4 hours of traveling in the car, and at 8:00 at night..and they want to go in the garage and pull out the boxes of lights, the blow up santa, reindeer, candy canes, etc. Uh..no. But today I guess we will have no choice but to get started. Ah, so I feel the holiday stress today.

I decided that I want to try some yoga to see if it will help combat my stress that is at a reasonable level now, but I am sure will start to rise stealthily with each passing day. So, I went to Oprah's site (I love Oprah, I really do), and found Dr.Oz's yoga program. It doesn't look too difficult or too contortionisty for me, so I think I will try it out starting tomorrow morning. The stretching exercises take around 7 minutes or so, and are supposed to help with focusing and centering yourself. Sounds nice. I plan on doing this before the kids are up...and I will let you know how it goes. Here are the directions and pictures of the program, if you feel like yoga-ing too!

Blog Archive