March 8, 2008
Tick Tock...Don't Forget To Change Your Clocks!
Just a quick reminder that Daylight Savings Time begins Sunday @ 2AM. So move your clocks ahead one hour before you go to bed tonight (ack! an hour less of sleep!).
This is also a good time to check your smoke detectors and replace batteries. Here are some tips from the Marion Daily:
install smoke alarms on every level of the home, including basemen; making sure there is an alarm outside every separate sleeping area;
- test your smoke alarms once a month;
- don’t disable smoke alarms, even temporarily;
- replace smoke alarms once every 10 years;
- consider installing smoke alarms with “long-life” batteries;
- if you or someone in your home is deaf or hard of hearing, consider installing an alarm that combines flashing lights, vibration with the sound.
Labels: Daylight Savings Time