June 4, 2008

I Must Be Getting Old


I remember growing up and driving my parents crazy with songs I played and listened to. And of course I had a very low opinion of their songs of choice. Now reflecting back, the music I listened to growing up, while sounding crazy, loud and nonsensical to my parents, seems very tame compared to popular music choices of today.

I watched One Life to Live (I am a soap junkie, sad but true)the other day, and Snoop Dogg was on the show. Of course he played himself and was singing at the bachelorette party of one of the characters. Anyway, I know very little of Snoop, so it was interesting to watch him perform. I was trying to figure out how old he is, as he sang about things that made me want to make sure there were none of my little munchkins near by.

I liked the music, but the lyrics...well...I guess I am really getting old, LOL. This must have been how my parents felt when hearing my music back in the day. But I was intrigued by Snoop Dogg. Something about his personality on screen made me want to find out a bit more about him.

So off I went on an Internet search, and came across the Biography of Snoop Dogg. Interesting reading. From there I checked out the Snoop Dogg Lyrics page.
Can I just say that the names of some of those songs really really make me feel very old and very old fashioned as well?

I'm sticking to my good old songs. Especially the sappy love songs. Sorry Snoop.

Blog Archive