June 4, 2008
Work At Home in Customer Service
This is interesting and is for those who are very familiar with virtual online games ( not me).
Have you heard of "Second Life?" It is a 3-D virtual world created by its Residents. Since opening to the public in 2003, it has grown explosively and today is inhabited by millions of Residents from around the globe.
Linden Labs, creator of Second Life, is hiring specialists to work at home in customer service.
The requirements are:
* At least 18 years of age.
* Have a Second Life compatible PC or MAC with working broadband access.
* Speak and write English fluently.
* A second language is an advantage (particularly German, Chinese, Spanish, Japanese, French, Korean or Italian).
* Able to work under pressure under difficult circumstances and with multiple individuals at once.
* Have excellent communication skills, and in particular, to be superb at social interaction whether it be inworld, on the telephone or in writing.
* Prior experience with community management, especially for established online games or communities, is preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to think work as part of a team, to integrate with others and to show personal initiative when called for.
* A well developed sense of humour, a thick skin and a positive outlook are all good traits to have.
* Have Second Life experience as a resident; the more inworld knowledge the better.
Interested? Go to Linden Labs and read more about this work at home opportunity,and/or find out more about "Second Life"
My thought is--how in the world do people find time to do these kinds of intricate games??