December 6, 2007

Home Based Pet Business Opportunities


The New Year is fast approaching ( yikes!)and this is the time when people start to take inventory of their lives and think about what they'd like the next year to be like.

I want to continue being a work at home mom. It is not always easy though, and I am striving to find the perfect fit for me that will allow me to stay at home with my kids and still bring in some income to help with our finances.

If you are in the same boat as I am, then you are looking for the right opportunity as well. It is always suggested and strongly advised to "find your passion" when it comes to starting your own business. I agree with that advise. That's why I am enjoying blogging so much..and I do it more than writing articles ( as I should be doing now), and doing other more financially prudent work. I love finding work from home opportunities to share with other moms, and I love blogging about everyday things like shopping, kids, etc.

So--if you happen to have a passion (as my daughter does) for pets and their care, nutrition, health etc.. then maybe a possible avenue to pursue would be a pet consultant/rep. There are several pet based companies that offer animal lovers a way to start their own home-based business by being consultants for their company.

There is Healthy Pet, which emphasizes health and nutrition by offering a quality pet food that is backed by two prominent veterinarians. With this company you have the option of a website that is really nicely done.

There is also a company called Shure Pets, started in 2002. This company offers a great selection of products that you can offer to your customers. You can either have home parties, like tupperware but this would be "puppyware" (lol), or become a consultant and start your own business and make commissions from your sales.

If you are interested, check out the sites carefully and do your research. Ask questions and make sure you are comfortable with any company before you decide to become a distributor of their products.

The pet industry is huge...people love their pets! If you are passionate about everything pets...then you might want to jump in on the pet business/services industry in the New Year!

Blog Archive